Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Egg Muffins

This is another complicated and tiring recipe. Prepare yourself to spend a lot of time in the kitchen ;)

Chopped Veggies (whatever you prefer, I used red bell pepper and onion)
5 eggs beaten 
Protein of some kind 
(again whatever you prefer, I used chicken sausage that I had on hand. You could use bacon, breakfast sausage, or no meat at all. )
1/4 cup cheese
pesto-optional 
cooking spray


Spray Muffin tin with cooking spray
add a layer of veggies and protein , filling about 1/3
add a layer of cheese
fill almost to the top with egg mixture
stir with a fork 

Bake for 20 min at 350 degrees

I also made one that was with egg whites, fun fact: egg whites expand. alot. That is the muffin that is taking over the pan. 

I froze mine to be reheated at a later date but you could very easily make this in the morning for a group of people or as snacks for the kids :)


No comments: