Saturday, November 9, 2013

Life Goals and Ricky Bobby.... Yep.

I bought bike today, and by bought a bike I mean I smiled at my husband as he handed over the credit card...also on an unrelated note we are eating top ramen for the next year.

This is a big step in my training, it means I can go outside!! away from the spin bikes and the spawn of Satan spin instructors.  I will now join the ranks of bike gangs you see roaming the streets around 5:30 in the morning.... Not like hells angels bike gangs but packs of idiots in spandex, clogs, and butt cream. I even have a helmet! (nothing funny about brain damage, folks!)

Tomorrow I will do my first ride (not including my ride around the neighborhood this afternoon when I learned how to use my gears and yelled "I wanna go fast!" repeatedly). We are going to do the race course to get a better idea of how long it will take me and how many donuts I need to replace my energy afterwards...I have timed my swim, I have a general idea of how fast I can run, and once we do this I will have a general idea of how long it will take me to finish the sprint tri. I know what time I want to finish in but I won't know if that is a realistic goal until after tomorrow.

Lauren's Realistic Goals:
Eating a whole pizza faster that Scott
Eating a churro in every "land" at Disneyland

Lauren's maybe realistic/maybe far fetched/maybe I just need to shut up and do it... Goals:
Finish a spint/olympic/half ironman
Run a marathon at Disneyworld
Swim the Alcatraz challenge
Eat a churro in every "land" at Disneyland

Have a great weekend everyone!






No comments: