Friday, December 13, 2013

Swim, Bike, Run, Eat.

Well tomorrow is my first triathlon. I am not sure how I feel about it... I am definitely excited, definitely nervous, a little bit nauseous (I ate A LOT of hummus at dinner) , and a little unsure of myself. Up until this point and all during training I never really thought about getting nervous, this is a good/bad habit of mine.  For example... I don't get nervous during training which allows me to train without too much mental stress, but that also means that I don't always push myself as hard or as far as I could. I also have a habit of freaking out the week of my races... not the 6 months or however long my training program is before but the week of I always end up having an "oh.shit." moment. That glorious moment usually goes something like this...

Inner fat kid: la la la, this pizza and beer is delicious, la la la

Skinny voice of reason: You should probably eat a salad  (that is all that bitch complains about)

Me: I feel like I have something going this week... eh... oh well, it will come to me

Inner fat kid: pizza, good. beer, good. nap time, good.

Skinny voice of reason: You should probably go run... (such a debbie downer)

Me: TRIATHLON!!! I need to pack, I need to run, I need to bike, I need to swim, I need to throw up.

Inner fat kid: We got this... go take that nap we talked about earlier

Skinny voice of reason: Told you so.   (snarky bitch)

Me: crap.

Then I make 8 million lists, leave them all at work and say screw it I will figure it out as I go. If I am not ready by now,  I am not going to be ready by tomorrow.

So I am going to jump into this with both feet, enjoy the hell out of myself and kick my own ass out on that course.

and eat pizza.
(after the race, not during)





Ps: I know I have a potty mouth, sorry if it is worse tonight. I am watching The Heat with Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock as I type this... 

No comments: