Friday, April 18, 2014

More information than you actually needed about my stomach

I have been toying with the idea of paleo again lately. I couldn't stick with it last time and I had a very hard time cutting out the dairy and sugars. Which exactly why I should probably try it again. I have worked on cutting down my cheese and sugar intake because I really do feel better when I limit them, but to cut them out completely? That has always been a commitment I was not ready or willing to make. 
When the topic comes up, people tend to ask one question.
Why?
 Well. Shit. Um. 
because. 
How do you politely explain to someone that every time you drink milk or heaven forbid you look at a carton of ice cream your gut immediately throws a hissy fit that even the best parent would walk away from?
Or that after cutting the majority of sugar from your diet, one kit kat can leave you feeling like the Hindenburg blimp ( Full of hot gas and crashing quickly)... too soon?
How about trying to knock out 10+ miles on a stomach that is requesting that you waddle ( in the most embarrassing way ) into every gas station, Starbucks, or grocery store you can find. Not to mention the judgy looks you get from the starbucks employees when you walk back out again and don't buy a coffee but rather skip out with a smile that only runners understand. 
I am sure this is way more information than you bargained for 

Anyways. Paleo... 
(ugh, right?)

No cheese. No dairy. No sugar. No grains. No legumes 
that is a lot of no's. 
Yes vegetables. Yes Meat. Yes Eggs. Yes fruit. 
Yes, healthy, whole, clean eating food. 
I know this will help me feel better and be the best athlete I can be. 
I have 2 tri's, a 6 hour race, and at least 1 full on pizza binge in my future that I need to be ready for. 
I can't perform at my best if I don't feel my best, right? 
I want to be the best me that I can be.
 I don't care if I never run a 6 minute mile, I don't care if I never qualify for Kona, I don't have any interest in placing in my age group either. 
But I do care about finishing, I do care that I never DNF, I care that I give my best effort possible. 

So I will go full on paleo/ whole30 crazy and see what happens. 
The sky may open to rainbows and unicorns 
Or I may go crazy and be cranky for 30 days (Lucky Scott!)
This craziness starts on Monday 4/21 (after an Easter binge)
I will try to update how I am doing as often as possible. But it may just be a grunt. If it is just a grunt, you can loosely translate that to
 "Screw off and give me a kit kat"

Either way. Lets do this!

No comments: