Thursday, December 31, 2015

The 365 Day Do Over

Its New Years Eve 
Time to set new goal
Make plans
and think about what we all hope to accomplish in the coming year
Its the annual 365 do over.  
For the last few years my goal has always been to lose weight and get healthy
weight loss is the unattainable goal that always seems just out of reach for me
My weight and height firmly place me in the obese category
bordering on morbidly obese
now, this little bastard chart doesn't take into account that I can swim bike and run 70.3 miles
It doesn't know that I workout 6 days a week
or that my quads are not quads at all but more like quadzillas 
logic says that a number on a scale doesn't mean shit. 
It doesn't tell you that I am wife, a daughter, a sister, dog mom, foster dog mom, horse lover, or an Ironman (half). 
but for years that number has beaten the crap out of me
its too high
(sorry, I had to)

that ever changing number and the little bastard inner fat kid have led me around 
eat this, don't eat that,this will make you gain weight, here is some lettuce, just kidding lets have cake. 

My goals for 2016 are not to lose weight
my goal is to break those ties
the fat kid has been given his eviction notice 
now its time to remove the scale

I am not a number
I am not a size

My name is Lauren
I am who I say I am 
not what a chart says I am. 


So bring it 2016, I am going to crush you. 

Ironman Oceanside 70.3
Ironman Arizona 70.3
Ironman Arizona 140.6

I will be an Ironman
I will be happy
I will be balanced
I will treat people with respect and love
I will work on being as nice to strange humans as I am to strange animals
I will be more outgoing
I will not hide in my house because I don't like how my clothes fit
I will be me
I will be strong
I will be a badass
and I will work hard. 

see ya 2015, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. 

No comments: