Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Just a real quick panic attack.

How in the hell did peak week(s) get here?
If I had a panic button now would be the time to hit it
And scream
And let a minion run around yelling BeeeDoooBeeeDooo
All systems on deck
It’s almost go time
I have 2 more major weeks of training and then
Boom.
It’s here
Ironman Oceanside 70.3
I am a little* panicky
(*Extremely)
This is going to be a harder course
I had to re-learn how to swim
I cried last weekend on a scary downhill curve
I blew a tire
I have yet to hit 50 miles on my bike
*&!$@$!^@#*$^%#%@!!!!!


Be cool Lauren.
Be. Cool.
You got this.
If nothing else you get to be by the beach with your family and friends for your Birthday
Well, they get to sit by the beach for your birthday
You get to lube yourself up, slide into spandex and test the limits of the human to bike seat relationship

It’s Fine

It’s fine.

Seriously.

It’s fine.

&@@#@##($@$*&^%$#@!!!!

Be. Cool.

You got this.

You totally have this.

So what if you have been focusing the last 5 months on battling an eating disorder, completely changing your eating habits, going through treatment, seeing two therapists an RD, and waiting on a prescription for Xanax.

You have also been running faster
Swimming more efficiently
Using a coach

You can be an Ironman
This is a stepping stone to IMAZ
You can be a shaky, sweaty, eating disordered, anxiety ridden, proud, badass Ironman
Or half Ironman

Think of it as 8 hours to spend perfecting your use of the word &*%@


No comments: