Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 13: 21 days of Hell

Today I read that if you start a new habit it takes 21 days before it becomes an official habit. This apparently is when your body accepts this new habit as a part of your day and stops thinking of it as a chore. So I can do anything for 21 days right? This gives me hope that in 8 days It will be second nature to eat the lunch I brought with me instead of staring lovingly (and drooling) at the McDonald's across the street. My cravings are decreasing, they are still there but they have gone from a screaming, headache causing monkey on my back to a slight tap on the shoulder.
I discovered that the level of disgusting at my job affects how hungry I am.... I will spare you the details but my first call today was a code brown and I didn't eat lunch until almost one. Yesterday I sat in a parking lot watching law and order and I was starving by 11:30.
I am also finding joy in small victories, such as walking away from a FREE donut or staying out of the EMS rooms at hospitals.

food diary
Cheerios with milk
Turkey roll ups with mozzarella low skim
Lean cuisine
Carrots celery
Yogurt
Salad
Grilled chicken

Gym diary(I haven't gone yet but this is the plan)
45 min run 6mph
Lunges, squats, crunches, push ups, dips

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sweetie, you know my favorite saying?
This is not a sprint, it's a marathon!
Sounds like you are hanging in there, you still have your sense of humor and you are finding new ways to eat lean. That is progress. I am trying to come up with a couple of lean things for work too and that is hard for me, I feel your pain Sweetie, I feel your pain!