Thursday, September 22, 2011

Lauren Ellis: Low Cal Culinary Genius?

Ha I wish.

I am now on a new mission...Learn to cook low calorie food that actually tastes good. One of my main problems is that I miss fatty foods, Pizza, Cake, and anything with cheese. So I want to find ways to make these foods but stay within my caloric boundaries. 2 weeks ago I made low calorie pizza using premade pizza dough, sauce, skim mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni (125cal/slice) . Today I found a recipe for cake, its about 200cal/slice and it was super easy to make. I found the recipe on Weight watchers, I am sure most of you have heard of this recipe before but it was new to me. I am super excited to try it tonight after dinner. I will put the recipe up (you will laugh at how easy it is).

We have a couple of staple meals that we make and use during the week but I want to branch out from there and find new recipes, or ways to substitute different ingredients to decrease the fat and calorie content. Tonight I am going to experiment with chicken sausage with pasta, evoo, goat cheese, and asparagus. It could taste horrible but I have high hopes, hopefully the hubby likes it too. The Internet and my cooking light cookbook have been a huge help when it comes finding new recipes or ideas for old recipes.

So wish me luck and pray for Scott..Dinner may end up going to the dogs(lets be honest they lick their own butts, they can't be that picky)

No comments: