Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day Ten....again

 Every now and then I run into a situation at work that hits home and makes me realize why I am doing this. When you see a young lady not even in her 40's who can't walk or even take care of herself because of complications from diabetes and high blood pressure, it really hits home. I don't ever want to be in that position, those are conditions that can be reversed. It is something she did to herself, and that could have easily been avoided. If you didn't know Ralphie May the comedian was just released from the hospital after complications from pneumonia. He went to the hospital with a chest cold that turned out to be pneumonia that had sent blood clots into his lungs. He almost died and was very lucky to make it out alive. I listened to him  
give a radio interview today and one thing that he said really got to me. He said that he felt like a scumbag because of everything he put his family through and making everyone worry. He now wants to lose more weight and he has stopped smoking weed. These are two extreme situations but they are situations that I don't ever want to put myself  or my family in. So while I may want a breakfast burrito from filibertos, I am going to have egg whites and grilled chicken. Because honestly, it just isn't worth it. What would you rather have, extra years with your kids and spouse or a krispy kreme? I am not saying that we should never eat these things, or that you have to eat clean every moment of every day  but you can't eat crap every day either. I had pizza this weekend, and it was Glorious! but I also ran 13.1 miles. Its a game of debits and credits, if I insist on eating bad food then I must also kick the crap out of myself at the gym. If I take out or put in something in one column then I have to add or subtract to the other to balance.

Ok enough with the serious talk.

On Sunday my mom and I ran  in the Womens half marathon. 13.1 miles of up hill, down hill, live music, great views, great people, and jello legs. We finished in just over 3 hours, it was my moms first one and I am very proud of her! she kicked some serious butt! If you have never done one of these races before, I recommend them. Even if you walk you are raising money for a charity and exercising so its a win win. I haven't worked out for the past three days (terrible I know) Day 1 was because I was letting my knees take a day off, days 2 and 3 I have no excuse for not working out. So today I will go back, the tentative plan is to run to the gym (2 miles) do the mudder workout, and then run back home.

Food Diary
Sunday(race day) : frosted flakes with 1% milk, apple, v8, and a redbull. split lunch with my mom after the race, biscuits and gravy and Arizona chicken rolls, left over pizza for dinner

Monday: v8, luna protein bar, apple, sugar free jello, lean cuisine, hummus with celery, pretzels, chicken sandwich  string cheese

Tuesday: egg sandwich, v8, apple, sugar free jello, lean cuisine, apple, sugar free pudding, pretzels

Wednesday: light yogurt with granola, v8 , grilled chicken with asparagus, tomatoes, and mozzarella, side ceasar salad, pork tenderloin with potato pancakes and salad.

Thursday: 3 egg whites with grilled chicken cheese and salsa, soup, turkey spinach enchiladas.

Still no Alcohol, no fast food and still on track for exercising :) 

1 comment:

MrsLEllis said...

I have to change a couple things... for today lunch turned into a giant salad with romaine, green bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella cheese, and 2tbsp of italian dressing and 1 slice of Sausage pizza. Scott was craving Barros so we walked over and had lunch, I was able to curb my craving and settle for just one piece and I had to eat my entire salad first. This is the first time in my life that I have been full and satisfied with just one piece of pizza so I am making changes that are sticking.... Also to add to my exercise diary, I did run 2 miles to the gym then do the mudder workout, then run 2 miles back home but after we had pizza for lunch we decided to double up and add another workout, we both ran about 3 miles. Total for the day is 7 miles! I am pretty happy about that :)