Sunday, November 13, 2011

If you can't Beat Him, Drown him...

I have a big weakness for my parents cooking and drinking with the family. This weekend we went over to my parents house for the community garage sale and what garage sale is complete without a smoker cooking up a brisket and a couple pork butts? And lets not forget the beer fridge stocked to capacity. I went over with the best of intentions, "no, I am good. Just water for me!" "thats ok I brought my own salad" "you know just for today I decided to be vegetarian!" Blah Blah Blah. Well that lasted about 30 seconds before I was clinging to a bloody mary like it was the fountain of youth and mowing down a chorizo quesadilla... I eventually got a handle on myself and put down the bloody mary, switched to water, and stayed out of the kitchen. We went to Four Peaks for dinner, I stayed away from the tasty craft beer and drank my water with lemon. Me and Scott shared a white pizza and a salad. I ate most of the salad, he ate most of the pizza. It wasn't great but I managed to wrangle myself in before I started drinking ranch dressing.

 My goal is to lose 10lbs for November and I really need to realize that means, NOOOOO cheating. Even just a small slip up can cost me 1-2lbs. I spend a lot of time arguing with myself. I thought this was something I was past, but every time I see a donut or free food in an EMS room its the devil on one shoulder and the skinny angel on the other. The Devil seems to constantly have the Angel in a headlock. I wonder if this is something that I will ever get over, even when I am able to finally lose the weight. Is there some great reveal when you hit a size 2? Automatically you can fit into your jeans and wash them, instead of doing what all females do and only wash them every other week because you finally have them "stretched out." Do you just stop craving anything dipped in ranch dressing or covered in cheese?

So today its me a lean cuisine and a gallon of water, maybe if I just drown the fat kid he will give up....


Saturday: 30min cardio, 30 min total body circuit
egg mcmuffin with apple slices (315cal)
1 bloody mary, chorizo and three cheese quesadilla, 1 massive roll of bread (8bazillion cal)
3/4 salad, with tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, dressing on the side

Sunday: Day off from the gym
2 egg white wrap from dunkin donuts, 1 lrg coffee with skim milk  (345 cal)
2 laughing cow light cheese slices (70cal)
lean Cuisine(340)
Apple (95)
Hummus with celery (100cal)
Dinner is unknown at the moment...

No comments: