Monday, December 12, 2011

Boundaries

Depending on my mood I can be very good at pushing boundaries. I can push peoples personal space boundaries, I can push socially acceptable fashion boundaries (not anything crazy, just a lot of sweat pants) or I can push the boundaries of how much fat my pants can actually hold. Working out and losing weight is about pushing your own boundaries. Pushing yourself to that point where you don't want to go any farther, you want to die, you think dying might be less painful and you curse the higher power who decided that all things delicious must also kill you. I am trying to push myself to be the kind of person that my husband, my family, my children that don't exist, and myself can be proud of. The vain part of me also wants to be the person at the gym you hate because I look GOOOOOD, I want people to call me that bitch who probably never eats a carb, the one all the catty girls talk about. But I can't have my dream legs, arms, back, stomach, or pant size if I don't push myself to the edge. I don't mean that in a "lets see how many days I can go with out food, or lets see if anyone notices that I throw up every meal" but I want to push myself to run harder, lift more, and eat better.
Today I only worked half day so I decided to hit the gym on the way home. I didn't have any time constraints like I normally do and nowhere I had to be. Just me, the gym, and some self induced guilt from not getting up at 4:30 this morning to go run. It was really nice to take my time and really give myself an ass kicking. I started on the treadmill and ran for 30 minutes, 5 minute warm up followed by 5 minutes of jogging, and then 20 minutes of jog for 2 minutes at 5.7mph and sprint for 1 minute at 7.5 mph. I read that sprint workouts burn more calories and are better at increasing your cardio threshold, not sure if its true or not Hmm I should probably ask   Scott about that....Anyways I prefer that kind of treadmill workout because it makes the time go by quicker. After my run I lifter for about 45 minutes. I worked on my arms, killed my legs, and slaughtered my core. Even now as I am typing this I am laying in bed because I am already sore. I then went back to cardio, I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster using the speed interval setting level 5. I always try to end with cardio because I read  somewhere (In a Book! Dodgeball reference anyone?) that you should always end with cardio because your heart rate stays up longer and it boosts your metabolism. After I finished all that I went and sat in the sauna, letting my toxins sweat out like the hippies.

Now I am off to make dinner. We are having Whole Wheat Spaghetti with turkey meatballs (pray for scott, this is an experiment) and I am going to try and make the "egg muffins" I will post pictures and recipes if they turn out to not suck. Hey! more boundary pushing! I am going to push my husbands comfy food boundaries :) not that he has much say in the matter haha

ohhh sorry one last thing! Shout out to the hubby.... He made an awesome Turkey Chili Meatloaf last night out of the biggest loser cookbook, it was delicious and only 172 calories for a 2 slice serving. 

No comments: