Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Holidays

December is officially here. That fun time of year when family comes into town, parties are thrown, presents are unwrapped and your pants no longer fit. We drink, we eat, and we celebrate. Most the time we are too busy working overtime for extra Christmas money, wrapping presents, shopping, and eating or drinking at parties to actually hit the gym. The food is always good, tenderloins, fudge, and lets not forget the roast beast. Drinks include eggnog, champagne, beer, and the ever present liquor. Now I am a fan of all of these things, they get me in the spirit of Christmas and they are just delicious. However I need to stay away from them, they are not going to help me attain my goals and I need to make up for November. I don't want to go back to the uber strict rules I placed on myself during the first month to help me gain control but I think it might be time for that. I tend to do better when there are strict rules and no exceptions. I can make an exception for food at any time. So white meat only, no fast food, and no drinking anything but water, tea, and coffee. Back to 6 small meals a day and as soon as my back is feeling better it will be back to the gym. 

If you are curious I went back to the doctor yesterday, she didn't clear me for work yet but put me on light duty. I feel a lot better but it does still hurt and as the day progresses it tends to tighten up. I go back again on Friday and she thinks she will be able to clear me for work. WOO HOO! As for now I am laying flat on the couch, all 3 dogs piled on top of me and relaxing. 

No comments: