Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Friday

Well even though I want to cheat, and I would be cheating if I could.... I forgot my wallet :) so the fates are working against the fat kid today. They said, NO CHIPOTLE FOR YOU! I can't complain that much because I did bring my own lunch and I had breakfast before I left for work. I am just having one of those days where nothing really sounds good. I had kashi cereal for breakfast which is very good, healthy, and most importantly it actually fills me up. I brought low calorie healthy choice soup for lunch, and cheese sticks and a protein shake for snacks. So I am not going to starve, the fat kid seems to think that that is the case but he can shove it. Last night I made a recipe out of the Cook this not that cookbook. It was supposed to be hot wing chicken sandwiches with french fries but the dogs ate the bread so... we just had the chicken with fries. Now don't get all worked up just because I mentioned the words french and fry in the same sentence. These weren't your normal Mcdonalds fries, I used a recipe and portioned them out so they were less than 100 calories per serving . They paired nicely with the chicken especially because the dogs ate our other serving of carbs. I will put up the recipe along with calorie content if anybody is interested :)

Some of you may not know this yet but I am leaving Southwest Ambulance to join an Equipment rental company and next week will be my last week. I am going to miss a lot of things about SWA including the people, the adrenaline rush of a good ems call, and the daily dose of laughter provided by my daily dose of idiots who call 911.  I am also excited for a new adventure, but with this new adventure comes a whole new set of worries, complications, and stressors. The only one pertaining to the fat kid however is the fact that I will now be an office dwelling, cube occupying, large ass growing part of corporate america :) I know it is stupid but I am actually worried about going from a fairly sedentary job where I occasionally had to lift a gurney, pull a extra wide person across a bed, or just get up and move in general to a job where I sit in a chair for the better part of 8 hours. Of course there will be stairs to walk up and down and I will have more time (and hopefully be less tired) to make it to the gym. My hours will also be changing to a more normal schedule so I can go before work or after. I still worry that my ass will start to look like an office chair...Any suggestions to combat this will be welcome! except working on a treadmill, I can't afford that.

Enjoy your weekend. If you are going to be running in the Tough Mudder or PF Changs, GOOD LUCK and I am jealous. I will be helping a friend work Changs so say hi if you see me :) 

No comments: