Wednesday, August 22, 2012

BOOYA

I am finally at the point where I am starting to see change and that is one of the most exciting and motivating things ever. Two years ago I decided to run a race with some friends and our moms, it was a nice and easy 5k. Just 3.2 miles but I remember training for it like it was the Boston Marathon, I didn't think I could run 3.2 miles. I struggled with a 12 minute mile and took a lot of breaks while I trained on the treadmill. I ran 1-2 miles at a time and I was genuinely scared to run in the race. I ran it in 33 minutes, averaging an 11 minute mile. Scott ran it in 27 minutes and that became my new goal, run as hard if not harder and faster than the boys (have I mentioned I am tiny bit competitive?). So as we all know I have been running... a lot. I have been running sprints, hills, sprints up hill, long runs, short runs, runs with burpees in between, even a rock run to make things interesting. Well folks it finally happened yesterday, I ran 3 miles in under 27 minutes. If you are asking yourself, I wonder if Lauren finished her run then got off the treadmill and kicked it while screaming BOOYA MOTHER F&%$#@#!! The answer is unfortunately (for me and the surrounding treadmillers) yes...yes I did. I made that treadmill my bitch and I am proud of it, I went home and told Scott what I did (while showing him my guns, of course).And because he is an amazingly loving  and supportive husband he congratulated me and even gave me a hug and a kiss, which was a big deal because I did not smell like a basket of roses. Of course today I can barely walk and I feel like I have been hit by a car. Every freaking inch of me is sore but I am not alone in my pain, Heather is feeling the same.

This last weekend we went camping, it was my first time camping and I was about ready to pee my pants with excitement. We bought a tent, excessive amounts of alcohol, bad food, and firewood, It was awesome. I had deliciously bad food, cold beer, and the time of my life. We did do one workout while we were up there and if you haven't run at a high altitude before I recommend it. It was just a short run but we made it count. We ran 1mile-ish to the Walmart down the road (not the most primitive camping trip ever) and did three rounds of 15 burpees, 15 push-ups, and 15 squat jumps. Then we ran back but to make it interesting we grabbed some nice looking boulders and ran with them. Then when that got old we decided to throw the rocks, run to the rock, throw the rock, run to the rock (you get the idea). That sucked big time and by the time we made it back to the campsite I was sucking wind. We also fished, swam in the lake, walked around, played horseshoes, corn hole and frisbee golf. I only gained two pounds but based on the way I ate and drank I will take it.

This weekend is our first weekend warrior trip up Camelback Mountain, I am really excited and I can
t wait to see everyone. Email me if you want to join!

No comments: