Thursday, August 9, 2012

Motivating

Lately I have had people start to ask me what I am eating and what exercises I am doing at the gym so I decided to start a weekend workout group. This is a group of girls that can get together every weekend and hike, run, workout, and just enjoy each others company. I know not everyone can afford a trainer or a boot camp but everyone needs to be active. So if you want to join us just shoot me and email or join the group on facebook.

I love trying to motivate people to live a healthier life, to try and make the changes that I am making. I have been trying to get a few people to run some races with me and Heather in the next couple of months and I have been able to sign up a few recruits. One of my friends told me that I was taking her out of her element, she said that she was never an athlete and didn't know if she could do it. I know she can, she is a mom, a wife, a employee, she is one strong lady and she can do anything she puts her mind to! But that got me thinking... We are never too old to make these changes but why not do it now before the serious consequences set it. I have never been a serious athlete, I was a cheerleader and a golfer in high school. Not exactly the most athletic sports in the world, but I have always had the athlete mindset. I love competition, I like pushing myself, and I like rewarding myself when I am done. I am in no way shape or form a obstacle course athlete but I am trying to shape myself into one. Change is a good thing and the more we push ourselves the better our outcome is going to be. I look at those girls who run the obstacle courses and win or the girls who compete in the crossfit games and that's what I want to be like. I want to push myself to that edge and find that athlete that has been hiding behind a layer of fat and a bag of potato chips. It takes a certain amount of courage to make the changes, it's easier to stay the way you are but for me it was harder to look in the mirror everyday and not like what I saw. I am not even close to being done but already I am happier, lighter (literally), and less stressed. Decide which voice you want to listen to... the one who tells you to get your ass to the gym and put down the donut or the one who thinks its ok to be unhappy.

So I guess the take away message for today is think about who you want to be, where you want to be and what is holding you back. The only person who can tell you you can't is you, and you don't have to listen.


haha, true


No comments: