Friday, May 3, 2013

It's the final countdown!!!! (it's ok to sing the title, I did)

We are now in the official 48 hour countdown to the marathon. Two words... HOLY SHIT.

How did the time go so fast? It seems like just yesterday we were talking about the idea of running a marathon... Now almost a year later we are packing and getting ready to head to California. I think it really hit me yesterday when I left work, I put my out of office on, forwarded all my calls and ran out the door. As soon as I hit the outside air my first thought was Fuuuuuuuuudge, what the hell did I get myself into?!?! I know that seems silly, I have been training for months, I have run countless miles, and now it hits me? 72 hours before? well planning has never been my strong point...

I have so many emotions running though me, my own a.d.d. can't keep up. This is going to suck, my poor knees, maybe I can fake a sickness, holy shit holy shit holy shit, this is going to be awesome, what am I going to do with all my spare time now that training is done? maybe I should sign up for a new race, I am never running again! maybe a triathalon? I'm not going to share my pizza with anyone, seriously. How soon can I get ice cream? will my body hold up? did I pack enough ibuprofen?  did I pack my shoes? Shit, where are my shoes? and so on and so forth... the dogs gave up trying to follow me around the house and are just laying down watching me with feigned interest.

I know what we are doing is capital A, AWESOME but I don't think that feeling will hit until I am done. And even then it might take me a week or so to look back on the race with positive thoughts...

wish me luck, pray for knees and stay the hell away from my pizza :)




No comments: