Monday, June 3, 2013

Hippie Shit.

Things are starting to get back to normal, I am still sad and I still miss him but I am ok.

Since the marathon I have avoided running at all costs but if I don't run that means I have to find some other form of cardio and I have to be even more careful with what I eat. I have started swimming more and reacquainting myself with the stair master just to break away from running, I have run a time or two but I have done mostly sprints. The last two weeks have not been the best eating weeks for me. No excuses, I just ate like shit and ignored the giant red, blinking,  vegas-esq sign that said STOP!! I did good for a little while, I cut back on coffee and sugar, I prepared my foods, but I always found a way to sneak in a "snack"  so now its time to face the music and the music doesn't lie. It makes you and the scale cry when you get on in the morning. So its back to the grind, and since owning up to my food crimes on the blog tends to keep me in line I am clearing my conscience.

After the marathon I decided to give the paleo lifestyle a try, I have had multiple friends tell me how awesome it is and how much better they feel. If you aren't familiar with paleo its main line of thought is back to the caveman basics. Eat, drink, and think like a caveman. No dairy, no sugar, no wheat, no grains of any kind, no alcohol,  and everything should be fresh. My brain translated this to "so your telling me I have to eat hippie shit?" the fat kid was not impressed, he likes dairy (especially cheese), and beer, and sugar. A lot.
So I grumbled all the way to sprouts (hippie shit),stared at the cheese case for a little while, then I grumbled all the way home, and I grumbled in the kitchen as I prepped my food. It doesn't taste bad, in fact most of the food is very good and not that different from what I normally eat but it means no cheese or sour cream on my lettuce wrap fajitas, no cream or sugar in my coffee (if you are not aware I drink cream and sugar with a shot of coffee), no fake sugar either. All of the stuff that I used to make my healthy food taste better and talk the fat kid off the ledge has been cut from my day to day diet. To sum this up in one word... BOOOOOOOOOO

Ok its not that bad but I just had to get all my pent up food anger out. I still have more days than not where I resent my body and my genetic make up that does not allow me to eat filib's on a regular basis. I like being healthy, I like working out, and I like feeling better but I still could go for a extra large pizza, wings, and a ice cold soda. I will say this, I have noticed a big change in how my stomach feels by cutting out diary and sugar. I am going to give it another shot, I am going to pay attention to the big red blinking stop sign that hangs above the the donuts and pizza, and I will learn to enjoy things without cheese.

So watch out, I am about to go all sorts of caveman on this place!




No comments: