Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The man that hung the moon, part 2.


The world lost a good man last night.

 

I am sad that I will never get to hear his laugh again, or feel his hug, or listen to some long winded story from the good ole days but I am not going to dwell on that sad. I am going to celebrate his life and the 26 years I was able to spend with him. I am going to remember all of the good times and the laughter. I am going to remember how handsome he always looked in a suit with his boots and bolo tie. I am going to spend time with my family as we laugh, cry, and remember. I will probably get a little drunk on bourbon and spill some red chili on my white shirt. So please celebrate a good, long life and remember all of the good times and how lucky we all were to know him.

2 comments:

cindy said...

Lauren.....Josie shared this with me yesterday. What a beautiful loving tribute. I cant believe hes gone, cant believe you're this beautiful young woman. Please give your mom a hug for me and tell her your family is in my heart and prayers. Love Cindy Maestas

MrsLEllis said...

Thank you Cindy, I will give her a big hug :)