Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Terrifyingly awesome.

 Today I kicked my own ass.

 I woke up ran 2 miles went to work,came home, swam 2000 meters and then finished up with a spin class. It it was one of the best spin classes I have ever been to even though I dragged my feet all the way there. I was tired, I was cranky and I just flat out didn't wanna be there. But sometimes you just need an ass kicking to turn your entire day around. I knew I was in for it when I heard the instructor say that it was going to be a metallica kind of day. During the class she played metallica, disturbed, pink, and acdc. We were up, we were down, we were sprinting and before I knew I was having a blast. It turned my entire day around and it was terrifyingly awesome. The instructor told us if you don't feel like you're going to throw up you're not doing it right. she even made a "that's what she said" joke and I knew that if is possible to love a spawn of satan spin instructor, I had fallen hard. This really shows the importance of what a good workout can do. It can turn your entire day around put you in a better mood and even be a therapy session that you didn't know you needed. The next time your having a shitty day and the last thing you want to do is work out, go to the gym anyways! Run, bike, lift until you forget what you were mad about, sad about, or cranky about, blast music and let the world fall to the wayside because it will always be there when you get back.

I wish all this working out and spin class moments of enlightenment meant I get pizza but alas my skinny voice of reason put the fat kind in a headlock and cooked up a delicious dinner of pork chops (grilled not fried), sweet potatoes (roasted and not covered in marshmallows,sigh), zucchini (roasted with garlic and onion) and a corn bread muffin (fat kid snuck that one in while the skinny voice pretended to look away). 

No comments: