Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baked Goods.

So I started a new job last week, I was offered a great opportunity and I jumped at it. I still miss my coworkers but I know that I have made the right decision for my family and I. Starting a new job can be a little stressful. Well actually it can be a lot stressful. Stress shot through the roof about a month ago as I A: waited not so patiently to hear back from company B. 
B: put in my two weeks at company A.
C: started to learn a new and terrifyingly awesome new job. 
I have been at company B for just over a week now and when I left company A I really thought 
"wow, this should help me lose a few extra lbs, no more pot lucks or daily catered lunches!" 
well, there haven't been any poftlucks, or daily catered lunches. 

here is the run down of positives and negatives as they relate to the fat kid. 
(because, lets be honest. He is the one running this joint)

Positives:
Stairs. 
Yep, lots of stairs. The office that I share with my coworkers is up a flight of stairs. So any time I have to go pee (which is a lot), I go down and back up the stairs. If I want to grab something to eat or drink, I have go down and back up the stairs. If I want some fresh air, I have to go down and back up the GD stairs. 
The upside to this is I am far away from the kitchen. Bad part is I drink A LOT of water and the pee pee dance is really awkward to do while running down a steep flight of stairs. 
I also think of this image every time I get to the bottom of those bastards, look up and think
 "I should run this"

I am really busy. 
Not that I wasn't busy at my old job but jesus, there is a lot of food that goes on planes! 
I am also starting at step 1 so in the time it would take me to run down stairs, steal a donut and get back I would have missed 87 new things that I need to know. 

Theresa.
My boss is pretty cool (and I am not just saying that because she reads this), I have known her since I was born and she knows the complexities of the fat kid. She reigns me in and tell me no and smacks me on the nose with a newspaper when I get that gleam in my eye that says DONUT! 
(she doesn't really hit me, calm down!)

Proximity to Fast Food. 
There is nothing around. Nothing, Nada. I have to make my lunch and snacks every day or I don't eat
Also nothing is open on my way into work (5am) so I have to make my breakfast before I leave. 

Negatives:
Baked Goods
Every Friday the magic baked good fairy drops off a bucket load of every breakfast baked good you can imagine. Last week alone we had fresh chompies bagels, donuts, blueberry scones, orange cranberry scones, chocolate croissants,  fresh baked bread, and english muffins. 
I am not that strong. 

Catered Lunches. 
Our weekly meeting is catered. Last week was Oreganos, this week is BBQ Company.
Need I say more?

Menus. 
Most of my day is spent looking at menus. All sorts of food and snacks... I stared at the word risotto so much last week that I started to have a Pavlovian response to the word. 
This weeks craving is Shrimp. 

Did I mention the baked goods?


So the fat kid is faced with a new struggle but this keeps it new and interesting as I face off with him over cream cheese.  Lots of carrots, lots of chicken, lots of veggies, lots of water, lots of kale, lots of trips to the bathroom (because of the water, not the kale. Gross.)



No comments: