Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Confessions of an emotional eater

Lies I tell myself: 
I'm going to turn Frozen off after Let it Go so I can get stuff done. 
I'm not hungry, this salad is very filling and I hardly miss the cheese. 
I am going to wake up at 3:45 and go to the gym before work. 
Nobody needs tacos. 
Squats are fun! They are like the Disneyland of the gym.
You know what this smoothie needs? More kale. Definitely not more kit kats and ice cream. 
Cheese is overrated. 
Coffee tastes good black
Seriously, I am going to turn Frozen off. 


Confessions:
I feel like a huuuge douche when I talk about things like eating Paleo, kale, almond milk and protein powder. 
Sometimes I put my headphones in at the gym without any music playing so I don't have to listen to the meat heads talk about all the things I just referenced in my previous sentence. 
Some days I loathe running with a hatred that is unmatched, other days I can't live without it. 
I eat the worst when I am alone. 
I am an emotional and closet eater. 
I can eat more than your average linebacker. 
I have watched frozen 3 days in a row. 
Sometimes I eat so fast I wonder how I don't end up throwing up in the grass like the dogs after they drink too much water. 
I spend a lot of time thinking about pork 
I plan my next meal as I am eating my current meal 
(and not in a grown up who plans her meals and grocery shops according to those plans kind of way)

Also, I rarely blog when I am in a deep abyss of pizza and beer. That's a good sign that I am being dragged and run over by the proverbial wagon. 

sigh. 
That last confession stung a little. 

I will not eat my feelings, I will not eat my feelings. 
Donuts bad, kale good (and kinda douchey)



No comments: