Friday, February 27, 2015

Sometimes you just need a steak wrapped in bacon

I have hit a new "hippie" low in my weight loss journey. 

a vegan, no gmo, zero fat-low. 

Vegan Soy Crumbles-low



I know.
 This bacon eating, chicken wing loving, red meat devouring, lover of all things meat is thoroughly embarrassed.  My mom bought this for me a few weeks back and I was skeptical. Why eat crumbles when I could eat a steak? I think I even accused her of being a hippie. 

Well mom, I tried it. 

Verdict?
Not bad when covered in feta, avocado, and wrapped in a low carb tortilla. 


However if you try them by themselves its not good. Just not good. Its what I imagine cat food tastes like. 

Nutrition facts aren't bad... But again, why eat this when you could eat real food? Chicken, Pork, Beef??!! When you buy the right cut of meat and you bake/grill instead of fry then meat is awesome for you! 


(sorry I accidentally smeared avocado on the box)

I will leave this gem on the shelves for the vegetarians/vegans/people who have given up all hope. 

I am going to go eat a steak wrapped in bacon, just because I can. 

Then go run of course! Because I am a healthy human being. 
I will definitely not continue to sit on the couch 


Also please don't get offended vegans or try to start a conversation on how awesome tofu is. 
its not. 




No comments: