Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pizza Sprinkles

Scott is out of town this weekend and when he goes out of town we have an unspoken agreement. 
He leaves to attend a conference, hiking with his brother, or have a boys weekend 
and I get to sit at home and watch Harry Potter movies, read Nora Roberts novels, and pretend the laundry and chores don't exist until an hour before he gets home. 
Being the amazing husband that he is, he pretends not to notice. 
I know I could wait and he would help which makes him even more awesome but I like spending time with him when he gets home that does not involve mops or brooms. 
I haven't started my meal prep either except to go grocery shopping

I have been in a meal prep FUNK.  
I am having a hard time coming up with new ideas that fit the following criteria
A. Cheap
I need to make my meals budget friendly. If budget wasn't a concern I would just eat Chipotle every day.
B. Healthy
If calories and nutritional content weren't a concern I would just eat Chipotle every day with cheese and sour cream.  
I prefer lower carb foods with moderate calories.  I need to lose some lb's but I also need to run for an hour. 
C. Portability
I can't cook up a steak and chop a fresh salad in the break room at work. 
It needs to fit in Tupperware
D. Durability
I cook all my meals on Sunday, I need something that won't grow a second head by Friday

I have a few standbys but I am getting bored and when I am bored I forage for something that will make me less bored. Like pizza, nothing boring about pizza. 
or cupcakes. 
Pretty much anything with sprinkles
"But Lauren, Pizza doesn't have sprinkles"
What do you think pepperoni is? 
Pizza Sprinkles.

Standbys include but are not limited to..

Chicken Meatballs in Marinara with salad
Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs roasted vegetables
Salad with chicken
Roasted Chicken with hummus, a hard boiled egg, and carrots
more salad with chicken
More sides of protein and varying sides of vegetables

This week I am going with chicken salad with avocado instead of mayo
I will stuff my face with carrots until the need to forage goes away
I might make more banana cookies as a treat for not ripping through anything and everything I can find in the work fridge. 

Chicken Salad
1 cup chopped grilled chicken 
2 stalk chopped celery
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion 
1/2 avocado smashed (like you are making guac)
mix it all up, season with garlic salt and dig in!
It also goes great in a lettuce wrap or in a pita
My plan is to put all the chopped ingredients into a Tupperware and add the avocado the day of. 




No comments: