Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cookie Monster

Today was a day that I could have happily planted my ass on the couch and curled up with a pint of Ben and Jerry's finest. 
I could have pulled up speed dial and let the good folks at Barros talk me into a large sausage and double cheese pizza. 
I wanted to
I realllllly wanted to
I still want to

Instead I went tearing through cabinets and pinterest trying to find a way to make something that would satisfy both my sweet tooth, my hormones, would not require a trip to the store and not help me gain 12 lbs. 
Banana Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
#Winning 

3 bananas, 1 cup of oats, 2 tbsp PB2, and 1 cup of chocolate chips later the beast has been soothed. 

I fixed a flat on my bike (all by  myself!) while they were cooking (20-25 minutes at 350). Then I burnt the roof of my mouth, my tongue, and my fingers trying to eat them straight out of the oven. 
Patience and eating slowly have never really been my thing. 
After devouring a cookie and coating my tongue in aloe I jumped on my bike trainer.
Bike trainers are the best. 
Seriously. 
It's 100 degrees outside and I was able to get in my ride in the comfort of my own home (and AC) while watching Super Troopers. 
and eating cookies. 
whoops. 
I only had 2!
I followed it up with a big ass salad and a Disney movie. 
Because.... I am an adult.

The more I thought about the cookies the more I realized I may have stumbled onto pinterest gold. 
150 calories and other than the chocolate they are filled with good things. 
I think they would make good race food both pre race and race fuel. 
I might try adding a few other things to them like switching the pb2 and  chocolate chips for a little brown sugar and dried cranberries, I could add some flax seed or chopped up dates. 
I could even add some coconut. 
The possibilities are endless
This also means the cookie testing is endless. 




No comments: