Monday, June 22, 2015

A Day in the Life

A Day Inside My Head
(I apologize)

Inner Athlete: Woo Hoo its Monday! Got my lunch pack packed, my shoes tied tight! 
Inner fat kid: You should stop for Donuts on the way in, who would know?
Me: Mmm donuts.... NO! NO! NO! I didn't spend an hour in the kitchen yesterday to go pay somebody to make me breakfast. 

Inner Athlete: Sitting inside all day sucks. 
Inner fat kid: Did you know this chair spins?! We could spin all day, watch some netflix, and order pizza!
Me: Work. Work.Pizza. Running.Work. Vacation. Work. Cold beer on vacation. Ironman. Work

Inner Athlete; Yay Lunch! 
Inner Fat Kid: Yay Lunch!
Me: Yay Lunch! 
Inner Fat Kid: Wait a second... this is salad!!! Boo Lunch

Inner Athlete: Could you please invest in a treadmill desk?
Inner Fat Kid: I noticed there are frosted sugar cookies in the breakroom. Free Cookies. Frosting. 
Me: Work. Work. Cookies. Treadmill. Work. 

Inner Athlete: Finally! Sunlight! 
Inner Fat Kid: I miss the spinning chair
Me: Sweet Baby Jesus its like the surface of the sun outside. C'mon AC...

Inner Athlete: So what delicious Ironman worthy food are we going to cook up tonight? More chicken Pitas? A salad? Maybe some eggs?
Inner fat kid: You know there is cold beer in the fridge and barros is across the street right? Its your rest day you totally earned this!
Me: Does Pita Jungle deliver? Oh wait, I never made the chicken kabobs... I have some bacon I need to use, better wrap it around the chicken. 

Inner Athlete: There is a lot of smoke outside
Inner Fat Kid: I smell Bacon
Me: SHIT SHIT SHIT 

Inner Athlete: Yay Bacon! And veggies that taste like smoke!
Inner Fat Kid: seriously?
Me: I can make this work still. 

Inner Athlete: My body is a temple and I refuse to eat those smoke filled veggies
Inner Fat Kid: Just peel off the bacon and eat that 
Me: Well. Shit. Better make something for Scott

No comments: