Sunday, December 13, 2015

Celebrating

Sometimes I get wrapped up in small details
I can't see the forest for all the trees
I complain
I bitch
I moan
I whine
ok.. I whine a lot
There is a bike seat up my ass
Its cold
I am sore
I am tired
I.WANT.PIZZA.

The problem is that when I focus on these small insignificant details I miss the big picture
I am able to ride 35+ miles on a bike
I can run
I can swim
I can afford groceries and pizza

So as I was berating myself for not recognizing all of this as I whined about the cold 
(Internal mental ass kicking is something I excel at)
I thought about how lucky I am 
Am I perfect?
No..no...NO. Far from it
Am I a pro athlete?
HA. no... but that doesn't mean I need to beat myself up for not keeping a 25mph pace
But I do have the ability to do things that not everyone can
I am able to do these things at distances most won't even attempt

So today I celebrate the ability. 

Yes that is a very general and broad statement 
This is me looking at the forest 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it, here's to the forest!!!