Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 3: trying to avoid the F word(fast food)

I work on an ambulance, eating at "lunch time" isnt always an option. There are days when we go all shift without 10min to sit down and eat or find a microwave to heat up the very tasty lean cuisine we have with us. Or we have a day where we sit around all day and I need to combat eating out of boredom. So how to battle the temptation to eat fast food? One problem is my absolute love of the double cheesburger and pizza. I would love to hear any thoughts or comments on how you battle the fast food demon...

I am going to start putting my daily food diary up here for all to see, feel free to bash or help improve. Once a week I will also put up a clean eating recipe that we have tried at home and a review on how it rates in taste, cost, simplicity, and nutrition.

Food Diary
Breakfast: oatmeal v8 fusion total cal=280
Am Snack: light yogurt, 2 rice cakes total cal=190
Lunch: lean cuisine, salad with light dressing tc= 390
Pm snack: 3 stalks celery, 2 carrots
Dinner: turkey burger, 1 slice cheese, sandwhich thin, salad with light balsamic dressing

No comments: