Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 11: 1 Day at a Time...

So one day at a time...one day of saying no to fast food...one day of watching my husband enjoy a new Belgium beer..another freaking day of Salad :)

I really do like salad, I just prefer it with cheese, croutons, and tossed in dressing. However its not a good way to start my new food life by trying to convince my metabolism that because my meal has green stuff in it that it should burn it immediately and don't worry about hanging onto it or storing it in my awesome Muffin Top(My metabolism sees right through these lies). Trying to take what I have always known and turn it into something healthy is very hard for me. Salad with low cal dressing on the side, chicken grilled with cooking spray instead of pan fried, brown rice, egg whites, etc barf etc. I am learning that we can find food that we both enjoy without sacrificing taste. Tonight we had Chicken Shwarmas with a recipe from CookingLight.com they tasted great and I was able to make them in less than 30 min, and under 400 calories for a filling dinner. An average night for us would probably include going out or me throwing some burgers together. We are buying different stuff to stock in our fridge. Ground Beef has been swapped for lean Ground Turkey, Chicken has been put in Ziploc bags to be pulled out one at a time ( we are also sharing 1 breast). So the new life is on the right track...My inner fat kid is still there and still screaming for a twinkie but I can usually shut him up with a carrot stick.

Food Diary
1 cup cheerios, 1/2 cup 1% milk
Yogurt
2 slices turkey
Lean Cuisine
Salad, 1tbls low cal balsamic dressing
carrots, celery
Chicken Shwarma with tahini sauce

No comments: