Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 19/20: Lauren and her Weight minus 8

So I am going into week 3 of my new food life. I have lost 8lbs and I feel much better than I did before. I did not realize how bloated I was feeling before. My stomach feels a lot flatter and I don't feel exhausted everyday or like I am dragging behind. It is easier for me to wake up get up and going. Every now and then I need a hit of caffeine but I found that I really like the monster zeros (zero calories, zero sugar, 1g carbs) but I limiting myself to 1-2 a week. I am able to go on less food during the day, I am no longer starving by 10am and rushing to the microwave to watch my lean cuisine rotate in slow torturous circles. I even survived not eating out of stress. Monday night I was held at work for 2 hours past my end of shift and during this time we were parked in front of an Arbys. I had not eaten dinner, I was cranky, and I was running low on self control. My partner went inside to grab something to eat and came back out with a steak sandwich, extra cheese, horsey sauce, curly fries, and a very large soda. Cue drooling.... He even offered me some of his fries. I wavered and even started to grab one, but then I realized if I can't stop myself from eating 1 curly fry how am I supposed to make an entire life style change? so I told him thank you and chugged some more of my water. Finding balance is hard. I want to stay away from anything that would lead to a relapse in food control. Getting pretty tired of water so I started switching it up with flavored water and crystal light. Other than that things are going good...

So another couple of days in the books and now that I can say I am 8lbs down I can use that as motivation.

If you start to feel down or lacking in motivation remember...

THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T IS YOU, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN.

No comments: