Monday, September 12, 2011

Days 16,17, and 18 : A weekend recap

So Saturday was my first time going out to a restaurant since I first started my journey from Krispy Kreme to skinny jeans. We went to Daily Dose in Scottsdale with our parents and some very good family friends. As soon as we walk in I see bloody marys and Cranberry Vodka cocktails. There is nothing more relaxing than a weekend morning with family, friends, and cocktails. However I ordered a water and I enjoyed it, the company helped distract me and we had a great time. I ordered off the"HealthNut" menu and had a Eggwhite, sausage, and spinach omlete with a rosemary creme frise. It was actually much better than I expected and I only kinda missed the eggs Benedict with chorizo. For dinner Scott was craving Pizza and since I am always craving pizza, I set out on a mission to create a low-cal pizza. So I got on the computer and went through my recipe books looking for a recipe that fit my nutrition req's and my budget. We made a list and off to Walmart we went. We were looking for a whole wheat pizza dough but they didn't carry it. So we bought a premade pizza dough that included 2 14inch pizzas and Sauce (990cal/pizza) we found skim mozzarella (80cal per1/3 cup), and turkey pepperoni(70cal/ 17 pieces). When it was cooked and already we cut it into 10 pieces and it was 125 cal per slice. We also made a BBQ chicken and onion pizza that was 180 cal/slice. So for about 500 calories I conquered my pizza craving! I had 3 slices and 1 cup of salad with low cal balsamic dressing. It wasn't Riazzis but it was still good!

Sunday I had a hard day, I was working with somebody who didn't know what kind of eating plan I was on. I was craving fast food, didn't matter what kind but I wanted all of it. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch and I didn't bring enough snacks to keep me from snacking in ems rooms. I  had a cup of spinach soup after lunch and then I found a 100cal pk of oreos that I snacked on later. I even went as far as pulling out a sandwich from one of the ER's we frequent. However I put it back...it was something I was proud of later. I ended up working late at work and didn't get a chance to eat dinner. So calorie wise I was still ok but I should have been able to say no. My snack choices are getting better when they aren't snacks I bring from home. I realize that this is a work in progress but it can be hard at times.

So today is Monday and I have done pretty good so far. I had an egg sandwich for breakfast, apple snack, leancuisine, celery, and triscuits. Dinner isn't decided yet but we have plenty of low cal options at home. Being busy always helps my cravings and I have definitely been busy today.

Another day in the books. I am 8lbs down and I hope the number keeps growing. Thank you all for your support!

No comments: