Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 9: weekend warrior

Ah the weekend...time for relaxing at home, going to see a movie, or hanging out with friends. Also the time I usually do the most damage in the food catagory. Even worse I got paid yesterday so I have time and money...not a good combo. Its hard to keep a routine on weekends, normally I eat at 6:45, 9, 12, 2, & 7:30. Today I ate at 10:30, 12(snack), & 3... Not the best times, I was ready for a binge when 3pm rolled around. We went out eat and split a turkey sandwhich and a salad. Not terrible but if I had kept on my schedule I probably could have done better. Still no alcohol (woohoo) and no fast food. We also tried a new clean eating recipe that turned out pretty darn good, scott says it has repeat potential. I will post it next week, its a great saturday/ sunday morning breakfast.

One of the things that has been hard about starting this new food life is how to feed my husband too. I dont like forcing him to eat what I eat but im also not a short order cook and this isnt a restaurant :) luckily he just likes food in general and will eat whatever I give him. he usually gets a much larger portion size and that seems to work for us.
This will also hopefully get us on the habit of cooking differently, I want to be able to teach our kids how to make healthy meals and pass on a love of food with out the obsession.


Food Diary

Cheesecake stuffed french toast casserole(yes its healthy, I promise only 285cal per serving. I will put the recipe up this week)
V8 low sodium
1/2 turkey hoagie, salad
Left over taco skillet :)

No comments: