Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm a Cheater

So yesterday was my first cheat day. Coldstone was having a ice cream social at their HQ and all the proceeds were going to the make a wish foundation. We were invited by one of scotts patients who owns a coldstone franchise. It really wasn't hard to decide for us if we would go or not. Free Ice Cream plus Make a Wish kids getting their wish? Yep not hard at all. So in order to prepare for my first headlong dive into the delicious world of coldstone I decided I needed to burn some Calories before I went. I went to Squaw Peak and hiked the summit trail to the top. If you haven't hiked squaw before its a great butt kicker, it takes about 1hr 30 min. So then I was ready to face the ice cream (I also limited my morning foods to save calories). The ice cream was awesome as always but I wasn't able to finish all of it, it filled me up to fast. Dinner was from paradise bakery and I had a 1/2 sandwich and Salad, delicious but not overly healthy. So the first cheat day is out of my system. I was feeling a little out of control yesterday and if someone had offered me pizza or worse I would have jumped at the opportunity but luckily my enablers stayed strong and I kept it together :)
Today I feel more in control but I also feel kinda crappy, that was the most calories and fat I have had in 3 weeks. Time to face the day and my inner fat kid (who was more of a outer fat kid yesterday) Today my battle will be against alcohol, not my hardest battle but I do enjoy a cold beer on a Saturday afternoon.

Have a Good Day

A 12 minute mile or a 6 minute mile is still better than no mile at all

No comments: