Thursday, October 6, 2011

You are what you eat

If that's true then I need to eat a skinny person.

 What I eat definitely affects how I feel, greasy or high carb foods tend to make me feel really bloated and fat. Anything leafy and green or types of fruits make me feel better. Its amazing how just a few days of bad eating can make me feel like complete crap. I am not sure why but for most of this week I have eaten whatever I wanted and I had no self control. I am fighting myself and the fat kid to get it back. Last night I took control and even when I wanted to quit I didn't, I ran for 1 hour and ran just over 5 miles. Its not anything crazy but it makes me feel like I have gained back part of the control I lost somewhere at Filibertos between the refried beans and rolled tacos.
 I think its going to be harder at work to stay on track, my partner Ryan who was also trying to eat healthy and lose weight left our shift for bigger and better things. In our business most people eat fast food for every meal and I have a really hard time eating my salad or grilled chicken breast while the other person downs a burger and fries. So it will be more exercises in self control and saying no. It helps me to go back and read the first couple of blogs that I posted. I like reading how far I have come and ideas I had to keep me on track, I have to remember to think of bad foods as cigarettes. They can kill me, they turn other people off, and they don't portray the kind of person I want to be.

My first of three half marathons is exactly 1 month from today. Time to really start pushing myself in the gym, this first 13.1 miles is going to be my easiest one. I will be keeping pace with my mom and sticking with a jog/walk pace. For the next 3 months I will have a half marathon every month. The Susan G. Komen in November, Rock N Roll Las Vegas in December, and Rock N Roll (PF Changs) in January. I ran PF changs last year and finished the half in 2:35. My goal this year is to finish the first one with my mom, finish vegas in the same time or better, and finish PF Changs in 2 hours. I will be picking the brains of some runners I know to try and write a running program to decrease my time and increase my endurance. If anybody out there wants to run with me, I am always looking for a gym buddy! I am going to start by running 4-5 days/week with a long run on the weekends. Last night I ran 5 miles in 57 mins, I started with a 5 minute warm up (3.2mph, level 15) then I started running at 5.7 mph at level 2. I would walk for 1 minute everytime I hit a mile interval. In order to finish in 2 hours or left I will have to keep around a 9min/mile pace.  or a 6.5 mph pace. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
sorry kind of had to freak out for a second. For me that is really fast and by really fast I mean I don't run that fast unless there is somebody in a ski mask waving a gun behind me....

Today I will keep working on my self control...To bad I don't have the negative reinforcement that White Goodman had in Dodgeball (but slightly less creepy)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Blog Lauren. I can totally relate and don't feel so alone now. You have great ideas and truly are an inspiration. Thank you and keep up the awesome work:)

Anonymous said...

Keep at it Sweetie!
I know its hard but youhave the right frame of mind and I know you can win!!!
Love you!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie, I like to skim through first and then go back to digest every tidbit. Kinda like ruminating, you know? You are one funny shica, you get that from me you know! No really, I went back and reread and I am laughing and it's like, wait I gotta say something before I forget! But I don't and I do forget, whatever!
But seriously, you will leave me WAY behind in the 1/2 marathon, I am ok with that. I am happy to have made the decision to try to finish. That alone is my goal, no time trials for me, ok? I am just happy your coworkers will be the ones picking me up off the street when I collapse, ok? UNOyNOMAS MOM