Sunday, May 4, 2014

A fort of blankets

I have planted my ass on the proverbial wagon and I intend to stay there. However I am also sick, full on snotty nose, cough, can't breathe sick. I have been downing Dayquil, Nyquil, allergy meds, cough drops, essential oils, and water with enthusiasm or at least determination. I have already spent the majority of my weekend sick, I refuse to spend the whole work week sick. 
There are a few problems that come with being sick. 
1. I am laid up in bed "resting"
This means no running, no gym, and no calorie burn.  
2. Sick = comfort food
I want Chinese food, pizza, soup, and some grilled cheese. 
In no particular order
3. I can't taste anything
This infuriates me. I love food, I live for food, and I want to taste my GD food. 
4. Unlike most people  being sick does not kill my appetite
In fact it stokes the angry hunger fire into a raging inferno 
5. I am bored out of my mind. 
I can only ready so many Nora Roberts books and watch so many musicals before my husband starts slamming his head against inanimate objects. 

So I am blogging because if I am blogging I am not ordering food for delivery or making grilled cheese or singing Let it Go again. 
Ok, that's a lie, I am going to sing Let it Go no matter what... 
alright, back to my fort of blankets. 

No comments: