Saturday, April 18, 2015

Working on my inner athlete

Weekends are always the hardest.
 I want to get up and get my miles in but I also want lay in bed surrounded by donuts and coffee. 
My morning started with a sauteed vegetable, bean, potato, and cheese burrito and a few hours at work. It wasn't sleeping in and donuts but it could be worse. It's also the all holy rest day so I have spent my afternoon watching bad 90's movies and grocery shopping.  
Tomorrow my plan is to meet Heather at 5:30 and run 7ish miles, then plant my face in a bowl of eggs. 
I don't know if this behavior is actually beating my inner fat kid down or just tiring him out like an excited puppy. 
It's hard to tip toe that line of losing weight and getting in the calories required to train. 
My body says eat a steak topped with some chicken nuggets with a bottle of ranch dressing and a dozen scrambled eggs on the side...maybe a pizza and ice cream for dessert. But my mind says if you run 8 miles and eat just kale you could totally hit your goal weight. 
Neither of those are "healthy" thoughts 
The healthy thing to do is fuel my body with the proper foods to train. 
Pizza tastes better than healthy thoughts. 
(see how the fat kid just lashes out when you least expect it?)
Athletes eat and train they don't diet and exercise. 
So I try to act like an athlete, I try to be an athlete. 
I spend most of my days in different forms of spandex
I run, I bike, I swim, I go to the gym, I eat entire grocery store aisles 
(that last one is super athletic)
   

No comments: