Monday, April 20, 2015

But Why?

I'm starting to feel like the toddler who just learned the phrase "but why" and has irritated all family members, teachers, day care workers, and random strangers on the street to death. I have to ask 10 million follow up questions to every statement I hear about what is the best route, the best training, the best shoe, the best food, etc, etc...


Heart Rate Training is the way to go 
But Why?
Carb Loading is the way to go
But Why?
Metabolic Efficiency Training is the way to go 
But why?
This bike seat is the Cadillac of bike seats
But why?
These socks will stop all blisters
How?
These Shoes will save your life
Really?
This foam roller will cure cancer
Is that so?
Kale is a super food that will make you faster than the flash 
If you are referring to how fast it makes you go to the bathroom then I have no follow up questions. 



Like with most things, everyone has an opinion. 
And everyone thinks there opinion is the right one. 
I see no problem with that because I am harassing everyone I know in the tri/running world for their opinion. 
But it can be hard to wade through everything to find something that works for me

Carb loading doesn't work for me
Minimalist shoes don't work for me
But these things could be the almighty savior for others runners/triathletes

So off I go again to scour blogs, articles, and stalk a few athletes to find out what makes them faster, stronger, leaner, and able to eat pizza without gaining weight

I'm sure somebody out there is thinking they are probably faster, stronger, and leaner becuase of the lack of pizza in their life but I disagree.
 I have yet to meet an endurance athlete who does not enjoy pizza and ice cream. 
Go run 20+ miles and try to convince me that a kale smoothie would really hit the spot. 


No comments: