Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Paleo Day 3

I am three days in and the cheese/sugar/grain free world has not come crashing down around me. I feel good, hungry... but good. I am not starving in a way that is unhealthy but it is taking my body to get back on the right track. It doesn't help that Triathlon/Race training amped up this week so I am burning excess calories on top of detoxing and cutting the crap from my diet. I haven't jumped on the scale yet and I am trying to hold out until Monday morning but we will see if that happens. I have a lot of energy and I have not had the headaches that usually accompany a good detox. I am also trying to not focus on counting every calorie that goes into my body. Everything I am eating is fresh and unprocessed so the calories that I am taking in are good calories. My theory has always been to eat as much as I want of the good stuff (carrots, avocados, apples. etc) and try to keep my portions in check for the not so healthy stuff.  Tomorrow is catered lunch day at work and of course they decided to go with Portillos. I scoured the menu and the only thing I could see that fit in my parameters was a burger, no bun, no cheese, no mayo. Just meat. I will bring my own salad and try not to pout.

Breakfast: Smoothie-kale, banana, pinapple, coconut water, and 1/2 scoop of egg white protein powder
Lunch: Leftover beef curry and 2 cups of spring mix
snacks: 2 apples, 1/2 avocado and small portion of roasted turkey
dinner: Mexican Chicken with green chili and lime, pan roasted zucchini and 1/2 avocado

workouts: 1:10 min bike ride  

No comments: