Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nacho Lucky Day

I saw the most amazing picture today. 
Can you guess what it was?
It wasn't a sunset 
It wasn't a beautiful newborn baby
It wasn't a pudgy adorable puppy
It was nachos. 
Glorious, cheesy, and topped with pulled pork.
I was able to refrain from licking my phone but I wavered on that decision. 
Who needs a long, low cholesterol life when you have chips with melted cheese. 
I looked at the picture, drooled over the picture, then tried to figure out a way to work nachos into my life. 
Because I am trying to lose a couple pounds, train for a 1/2 Ironman and generally improve my lifestyle; nachos are not on the regular menu. 
I would have to run a stupid amount of miles, bike to Tuscon, or swim around Lake Pleasant for a couple hours in order to enjoy a face
full of cheesy goodness.
Now most rational people without major food issues are thinking "why don't you just get in a good workout, make sure your other 2 meals are healthy, and split the nachos with your husband?"
A. We don't share food. ever. 
it works for us and helps both of us avoid missing fingers. 
B. Portion control is not really my thing
I'm actually eating my salad out of a mixing bowl as I type this and I may or may not have accidentally spilled cheese on my computer. 
C. I don't feel like biking to Tuscon. 

So I guess that means I am shit out of luck, eh? 

Well I am nothing if not resourceful when it comes to finding a way to eat things I want 

Thats why as I was drooling over my phone and my boss was wondering if I was exhibiting stroke symptoms I decided I would make a Nacho Salad! 

Pulled pork, black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, cotija cheese, and guac for dressing. All piled on top of  a big ass bed of lettuce. 
Not bad right? 
Its not a plate of melted cheese and deep fried corn tortillas
But it also won't give me a massive food hangover or lead to a downward spiral of food guilt. 
I know it will still be pretty calorie laden but those are all pretty wholesome ingredients. 

I will leave you with this...

I googled "how was cheese discovered" and " Nacho meme" for this blog. 

I was not disappointed. 




Since animal skins and inflated internal organs have, since ancient times, provided storage vessels for a range of foodstuffs, it is probable that the process of cheese making was discovered accidentally by storing milk in a container made from the stomach of an animal, resulting in the milk being turned to curd and whey by the rennet from the stomach. 



I probably should have stopped 3 memes ago. 

No comments: